Though we are not able to proceed with the large scale renovation of our play yard planned for the summer due to the financial implications of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are moving forward with some initial work that will pave the way for the larger scale Capital Campaign project.
The Building and Grounds Committee has been working hard to prioritize and define the scope of the improvements to the play area this summer with the goal of maximizing short term impact with a limited budget. All of the work done this summer will lay the groundwork for future completion of the play yard renovation project.
Summer play yard improvements will include:
- Installing French Drains in the play yard for better drainage
- New mulch in the play yard
- A new grass play field in half of the back parking lot
- Re-working the fencing to create better flow in and out of the back of the building
- Painting the back stairway
- A new basketball hoop in a new location
We are gearing up to paint the back stairwell, and have many landscaping projects in the works for July and August. All volunteer work is designed to be for adults only, will take place outside and will conform to recommended social distancing practices.
Please consider contributing your time on any of the following dates:
- Saturdays, July 18 and August 1, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm | Stair rail painting
- Saturdays, August 8, 15, 22, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm | Landscaping projects
To sign up for an upcoming volunteer opportunity or to join the Building and Grounds volunteer email distribution list, please contact Stephen Buck, Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-282-8516. Thank you!