We are pleased to let you know that our Little Sprouts Parent Child classes will be provided virtually and will begin next week as planned via the Zoom platform and Google Classroom. We are offering all Little Sprouts classes on the same day/time for the virtual Spring Little Sprouts class.
Ms. Tierney, our Little Sprouts teacher, has prepared a wonderful virtual experience for you and your child to enjoy. The class will consist of several parts:
- Weekly live online class for children and parents: 30 minutes, Wednesdays from 9:30 -10:00am. Families will drink tea, sing songs, listen to a story and/or make a craft – all together with Ms. Tierney. This class is “live” but not interactive.
- Optional weekly live online meeting for parents only: 1 hour (day TBD) from 7:00 – 8:00pm. A variety of parenting and support topics will be discussed. Please send your topic ideas to Ms. Tierney! Also, one-on-one parent support meetings with Miss Tierney are available upon request.
- Weekly updated online content for the children in the Little Sprouts Google Classroom for you to use as you would like: crafts, recipes, songs, games, and stories.
- Weekly updated online content for adults in the Little Sprouts Google Classroom: articles, links, and ideas.
Our virtual Little Sprouts class is open to families with children ages 6 months – 3.5 years old. The cost of the program is $120. The spring session of Little Sprouts will run for 7 weeks from April 15 – May 27, 2020. Please register here.
- Class size is limited and registration is first come, first served.
- Enrollment in the class is complete once payment has been submitted.
- The fee for the 7-week Spring session is $120 for the virtual Little Sprouts class.
Meet the Little Sprouts Teacher: Tierney Farrell
Ms. Tierney is a CLWS alumni and has recently returned with her family to live in Minnesota. Ms. Tierney first began teaching parent/child classes in 2007 in Colorado and taught in several Waldorf schools prior to serving as a lead Mixed Age Preschool and Kindergarten teacher at the Orchard Valley Waldorf School in Vermont. Ms. Tierney has a BA in Early Childhood Education and Music and completed her Waldorf Early Childhood Education Certificate from Rudolf Steiner College. Most recently, Tierney brought Waldorf philosophy to her role as a Kindergarten teacher at the Kaosiung American School in Taiwan.
For more information, please contact the admissions office at email@example.com.