Due to a long held goal of expanding our early childhood program and increased demand for Waldorf Early Childhood education, we are pleased to announce the opening of our Loring Park Early Childhood Campus! Our Loring Park Early Childhood Campus features many unique opportunities and benefits for our students and families, including:
- A full-day program that will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m. (to accommodate families who have children at both campuses), with aftercare options available until 5:15 p.m. The full-day model will allow extra time for the Waldorf curriculum to unfold over the course of a longer day, with all students and two teachers present for the full experience.
- Extended time spent outdoors. The children will have exclusive use of a lovely play yard and garden, which will be re-designed for our purposes and include picnic tables for eating outside in mild weather.
- Daily access to the natural wonders of Loring Park, a 34-acre public park that features walking paths, gardens, a small lake with a fishing pier, and a pedestrian bridge connected to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
- A large, beautiful classroom space for indoor play. We also hope to make use of an on-site commercial kitchen to provide a hot lunch, in addition to snack, each day.
- Additional features such as ample parking and a convenient drop off/pick up circle.
Our Loring Park Campus is open to all interested Kindergarten families for the 2016-2017 school year, and we envision adding more classrooms to our Loring Park Campus in the future, for both preschool and for children ages 0 to 3.
Upcoming community gatherings
All members of our community will be invited to experience the new campus first-hand during an Open House event after the new school year begins. Stay tuned for more information!
St. Mark’s Cathedral – Education Wing
519 Oak Grove Street, Mpls 55403
Please come to the southwest corner of the St. Mark’s parking lot for direct entrance into the educational wing. Due to major road construction, please check into the best route from your home (you may want to avoid Hennepin Avenue)!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will ties with the larger school be nurtured? Do the teachers have a safety plan for taking children to the park? Click here to download a list of FAQs.
More information will be posted here as it becomes available.