After School Sports at City of Lakes Waldorf School
City of Lakes Waldorf School offers an after school sports program for all 6-8th grade students through the League of Independent Sports Teams (LIST). City of Lakes Waldorf School fields a 6th grade team and a combined 7-8th grade team to compete against small area private schools. Sports offered include fall soccer, winter basketball, and spring volleyball.
Why Join After School Sports?
- Encourage life-long physical activity
- Players learn to support and encourage one another through teamwork and good sportsmanship
- Foster a sense of belonging and strong bonds within the class
- Support gross motor skill development
- Builds confidence and self esteem
- Develop selflessness and team skills
The LIST approach to student sports values the participation of every team member over winning. The season is a continual learning process. Students learn basic skills before the season starts, and players are given the freedom to ask questions, practice, and improve. Parent cooperation with this ideal is crucial to its success.
Up Next: Soccer
If your child is interested in playing soccer, please complete a LIST Sports Registration form as soon as possible. Registration only takes a few minutes, and there are no additional fees to participate. Students will not be allowed to play until this form is complete.
The soccer season begins September 19 for 6th grade and September 21 for 7-8th grade.
A more detailed schedule of dates, times, and locations will be available closer to the start of the season.
Registration & Schedule:
- LIST Sports Registration Form (required for participation)
- Schedule of dates, times, and locations (coming soon)
For more information regarding our after school sports program, please contact Jason Burnstein, Movement and Games Teacher, at email@example.com.